ISO 22000 Certification | Food Safety Management System
ISO 22000 Certification is an international standard that defines the requirements of a food safety management system covering all organizations in the food chain from "farm to fork". The standard combines generally recognized key elements to ensure food safety along the food chain
The food chain consists of the entire sequence of stages and operations involved in the creation and consumption of food products. This includes every step from initial production to final consumption. More precisely, it includes the production, processing, distribution, storage, and handling of all food and food ingredients.
The food chain also includes organizations that do not directly handle food. These include organizations that produce feed for animals that produce food and for animals that will be used as food. It also includes organizations that produce materials that will eventually come into contact with food or food ingredients.
ISO 22000:2005 Certification is also for companies seeking to integrate their quality management system, for example ISO 9001, and their food safety management system.
ISO 22000 Certification - Benefits
- Definition of clear and concrete objectives of the food safety management model
- Increased product traceability along the supply chain
- Guaranteed satisfaction of the expectations of consumers and business partners as regards quality and safety
- Demonstration of conformity with legal requirements
- Effective risks management
- Facilitation of access to funding and the acquisition of points in tender competitions.
- Fact based decision making
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationship
- Continually improve and update your systems so it stays effective