BS EN 16001 Certification | Energy Management System
Cutting down energy resources consumption is one of the top-priority challenges as of today. Implementation of an energy management system enables enterprises to achieve not only energy consumption efficiency, but also financial saving as well as reduction in negative impact on the environment.
Increasing your energy efficiency requires the identification of where energy is used, where it is wasted and where any energy saving measures will have the most effect. BS EN 16001 helps you to do this by taking the form of requirements and guidance intended to help you reduce both costs and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. This is achieved by helping you develop and implement an energy management system, which includes policy and objectives that take into account legal or other specific requirements and information about their significant energy aspects.
BS EN 16001:2009 is intended to apply to all types and sizes of organisations and can be integrated with, or used independently of, any other management system. The structure of BS EN 16001 is similar to that of the Environmental Management Standard ISO 14001.
Performance level GuideBS EN 16001 Certification - Benefits
- Organisations can ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure best practice energy management systems are in place
- Enhanced marketing capabilities. Make your business stand out
- BS EN 16001 framework facilitates the management of energy bills and expenditure
- It enables an organisation to take a systematic approach to the continuous improvement of its energy efficiency