ISO 14064 Certification | Greenhouse Gas Accounting and Verification
ISO 14064 is an international standard against which GHG emissions reports are voluntarily verified. In parallel with the emergence of regulated or mandatory schemes relating to monitoring, reporting and verification of Greenhouse Gases (GHG), organisations outside of these schemes are now increasingly wishing to monitor and report their emissions (commonly referred to as the organization’s carbon footprint). In response to this demand and to provide an international standard against which such reports can be voluntarily verified, ISO 14064 has been developed.
EACS can audit your organization against ISO 14064 Cerification parts 1 and 2 to provide verification of your greenhouse gas emissions and reductions. Working to this international standard increases your credibility in the marketplace, and demonstrates your commitment to operating in a greener way. Verification by our experts ensures the independence of your assessments and reports.
What is ISO 14064?
The ISO 14064 is a standard for Quantification, Reporting & Verification of Greenhouse Gas Emission. It is suppose to be captured into 3 different parts.
Part 1: Specification with guidance at the organization level for quantification and reporting of greenhouse gas emissions and removals
Part 2: Specification with guidance at the project level for quantification, monitoring and reporting of greenhouse gas emission reductions and removal enhancements
Part 3: Specification with guidance for the validation and verification of greenhouse gas assertions
SR 10-1 Certification - Benefits
- Competitive advantage
- Learning more about the needs of the parties involved; communicating more effectively with them.
- Increasing the commitment and motivation of the personnel.
- Integrating the management of the social responsibility in a clear manner into the organisation’s overall management system.
- Strengthening the brand image to customers, consumers and other stakeholders.
- The certification process can reduce the amount of supplier audits, thereby reducing costs
- The certification can be used to boost the status of the organisation as socially responsible and sustainable.